Off Topic Talk

Monday, June 05, 2006

Show #5 is in the bag

I've posted show #005. Enjoy!

Today we talk about Geocaching, what it is, what the word means and where it came from.
I found some really interesting articles on how the DoE is dealing with the problem of buried nuclear waste that has a half life of about 10,000 years.
I talk a little bit about the film Lucky Number Slevin (if you haven't seen it go rent it now!).
I play a song by Beth Quist from the Magnatune label.
I finish out the show with a mini-rant on driving and courtesy.

Email me feedback at OffTopicTalk@gmail.com
or
Call the voicemail line: 206-888-6OFF (6533)

Show notes:
Geocaching web site.
History of Geocaching
What is a GPS device?
Choose a GPS
Magellan GPS systems
Garmin GPS sytems

DoE Waste Isolation Pilot Plant
and
DoE WIPP Passive Institutional Controls

Lucky Number Slevin

Beth Quist at Magnatune

Traffic information:
Defensive driving
WHO report on traffic injury prevention
Road rage prevention
Road Ignorance

Download the show directly.

Thanks for listening!

1 Comments:

  • I've been asked if there was a particular incident that "inspired" my talk about traffic.

    Not really.

    It's an ongoing issue I have with drivers on the road these days.

    If most of the drivers on the road today paid more attention and took a few minutes to be a little more polite, instead of being unobservant or downright rude, driving would be much less stressful in heavy traffic.

    By Blogger The_Mad_Elf, at 2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


Learn - Communicate - Help
Avatar images partially provided by www.PDImages.com